Monday, August 25, 2008

Material Modelling

Photos of original space:










Original model:








Final model with new developed space:














Photo Collage:




Workshop Reflection:

From this workshop, I've learnt a lot of things and skills about material modeling and photographic documentation. We are required to describe a space in our home during the first class, then we have to build up the model of it. What's challenging is that we then have to use our imagination to create an extra space onto the model. It's hard for me to extend the small flat space that I've chosen. However, then I decided to cut the model into half and add an additional space onto the model, so that a sky garden can be added onto the original space.

Also, besides of radical transformations and imaginative and spatial complexity, I've done a lot of research about modeling and spaces arrangement in order to create a more successful space. I've found that Ricky Swallow and Mies work are relatively useful for my model that I've imply the stretagies they used into my model. For example, I've tried to separate the spaces carefully so that there can be a fluid flow of movement in the space. Additionally, my modeling skills have been improved a lot, and I've tried to use different types of materials to represent different kind of things like plants.

Finally, this is the first time for me to make photo collage. It is quite interesting for me to make a photo collage as we have to cut photo into pieces and combine them together with some pencil drawings, so that it becomes a complete image that describe the model I've made. Besides, the group oral presentation also gives me a great opportunity to practice my presenting skills.












No comments: