Monday, October 20, 2008

Fluid Thoughts to Action


Materials and tools used in the course:




The five drawings:












Collaborative interior drawings:




50 Drawings in Sketchbook:








Final Presentation:












Workshop reflection:

Fluid Thoughts to Action is my last rotation workshop of the course. I found this workshop really interesting as we are not only required to draw the spaces accurately with good observation, but also with some kind of movement and motions in it. We are require to use chalk for most of the drawings. Although I found it really difficult to control a chalk to draw a good drawing at first, my drawing techniques start to build up during the course. Besides of drawing skills, my observation skills has improved a lot as well. Moreover, I've found the warm up exercise is really good and effective as it boost our brain to run faster and the work we did afterward can be more efficient.

Besides of individual works, we are separated into different groups. The first group work is really challenging as we are only allow to give information to our group mates by phone and e-mail to draw a space. From this exercise, my communication skills improve a lot. In addition, another group work of the collaborative interior drawings, we have to combine our drawings into a huge drawing. It is quite fun and interesting as we work together to create a single drawing with different people's observation and thoughts.

Moreover, for the homework, 50 A4 drawings, my drawing and communication techniques really improved a lot, and it's quite nice to see the process of ourselves by drawing everyday.

As for the final submission, we are required to frame the pictures in order to give a good presentation. I've really learnt a lot of presentation skills for this submission, as we are not given lots of information and limit of materials for the presentation. We have to think critically in order to make a good quality presentation with beautiful frames. I believe this technique is quite useful for my future carrier as well.



No comments: